Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jake 'n dadda day

Had a fun "Jake 'n Dadda" day. I thought we should do something wholesome, converge with nature and shoot someone. Real bonding stuff, ya know?

Took him to see the new Igor movie. It was kinda scary for a 5 year old. Think Tim Burton meets Disney and you get the idea. I resisted temptation and managed not to scare any teenagers this time around - but what is it about teenagers and their insistence to be as annoying as possible? They should just round up all the spotty, annoying little turds and ship em off to Iceland or something... Bjork'd sort their asses out for sure!

From Igor we went to shoot some people with lasers! I was sure I could bag a few teenagers at Laser Quest. And I did. We both did. As soon as Jake and I encountered an opponent, I just said (loud 'nuff for them to here) "I know the gun's heavy, bud", then pushed him around the corner. No self-respecting laser quester is gonna tag a 5 year old! He looks so cute with big guns a sensor pack hanging down to his kneees... And that's when I'd spring round the corner and bust a laser in their asses - HA!

After annihilating the opposition at Laser Quest (we came 1st and 2nd), we went to take in some nature. Mini golf places here are unlike anything you'll ever find in England. They are monuments to fakeism (is that a word?). Bright green fake grass, eeary aqua-marine water and holes that aren't really holes. Those ones are my favs by far. The ones that take your ball, suck it into a black hole and shoot it somewhere. Jake, of course, loved it! I didn't have to go ball-fishing this time around, so I loved it also.

Now I'm pooped. Gonna sip some Tequila, watch some TV and sleep. Big day tomorrow. I'm going to a "Get Motivated" seminar with Colin Powell and the dodgy mayor dude from NY.

Should be interesting.G'night, wherever you are.

- Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 8:01pm

No comments: